The Road not taken (new

Literary


1. Extended Metaphor (বিস্তাৰিত ৰূপক) ✅

Correct.

Example: The two roads represent different choices in life.


2. Alliteration (অনুপ্ৰাস) ⚠️

Your example is acceptable, but a stronger example is:

"Wanted wear"

(Repetition of the w sound)


3. Anaphora (পদাবৃত্তি) ✅

Correct.

And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could


4. Imagery (চিত্ৰকল্প) ✅

Correct.

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood"


5. Personification (মানৱীকৰণ) ✅

Correct.

"Because it was grassy and wanted wear"

The road is given the human quality of "wanting."


6. Symbolism (প্ৰতীকবাদ) ✅

Correct.

  • Roads → choices in life
  • Yellow wood → stage of life
  • Fork in the road → decision-making

7. Assonance (স্বৰানুপ্ৰাস) ⚠️

A clearer example is:

"And looked down one as far as I could"

(Repetition of vowel sounds)


8. Consonance (ব্যঞ্জনানুপ্ৰাস) ⚠️

A stronger example:

"wanted wear"

(Repetition of the w sound and consonant sounds within nearby words)


9. Irony (বক্ৰোক্তি / ব্যংগ) ✅

Correct and one of the most important devices in the poem.

The speaker later claims he took the road "less traveled by," but earlier admits both roads were "really about the same."


10. Rhyme Scheme (ছন্দ সজ্জা) ✅

Each stanza follows:

ABAAB

Example:

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood (A)
And sorry I could not travel both (B)
And be one traveler, long I stood (A)
And looked down one as far as I could (A)
To where it bent in the undergrowth (B)


Most Important Literary Devices for Examination

  1. Extended Metaphor
  2. Symbolism
  3. Personification
  4. Imagery
  5. Irony
  6. Alliteration
  7. Rhyme Scheme








The lake isle of inninsftree

Literary Devices in

1. Alliteration (অনুপ্ৰাস) ✅

Definition: Repetition of the same consonant sound at the beginning of nearby words.

Best Example:

"I hear lake lapping with low sounds"


2. Imagery (চিত্ৰকল্প) ✅

Definition: Language that creates vivid sensory pictures.

Best Example:

"There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow"

(Visual imagery)


3. Personification (মানৱীকৰণ) ✅

Definition: Giving human qualities to non-human things.

Best Example:

"Dropping from the veils of the morning"

(The morning is imagined as wearing a veil.)

Another example:

"peace comes dropping slow"

(Peace is given the human action of "coming".)


4. Metaphor (ৰূপক) ✅

Definition: A direct comparison without using like or as.

Best Example:

"veils of the morning"

(The morning mist is compared to a veil.)


5. Anaphora (পদাবৃত্তি) ✅

Definition: Repetition of a word or phrase at the beginning of lines.

Best Example:

"I will arise and go now..."

(repeated in the first line of Stanza 1 and Stanza 3)


6. Onomatopoeia (ধ্বনাত্মক শব্দ) ✅

Definition: A word that imitates a natural sound.

Best Example:

"I hear lake lapping with low sounds"


7. Symbolism (প্ৰতীকবাদ) ✅

Definition: Using an object or place to represent a deeper idea.

Best Example:

Innisfree

(Symbol of peace, solitude, and harmony with nature.)


8. Assonance (স্বৰানুপ্ৰাস) ✅

Definition: Repetition of vowel sounds within nearby words.

Best Example:

"I will arise and go"

(Repetition of the long "i" sound.)


9. Rhyme Scheme (ছন্দ সজ্জা) ❌

This is the only part that needs correction.

The poem does not follow ABAB throughout.

The rhyme scheme of each stanza is:

ABABCC

Example:

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree (A)
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made (B)
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee (A)
And live alone in the bee-loud glade (B)
And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow (C)
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings (D)

Actually, because Yeats uses six lines per stanza, the full rhyme pattern across the stanza is commonly analyzed as ABABCD, not ABAB. The first four lines clearly follow ABAB.

Most Important Devices for Exams

  1. Imagery (চিত্ৰকল্প)
  2. Symbolism (প্ৰতীকবাদ)
  3. Personification (মানৱীকৰণ)
  4. Alliteration (অনুপ্ৰাস)
  5. Metaphor (ৰূপক)
  6. Onomatopoeia (ধ্বনাত্মক শব্দ)
  7. Rhyme Scheme (ABABCD)
  8. Anaphora (পদাবৃত্তি)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog