Tense Exercise
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verbs given in brackets.
-
By the time we reached the station, the train ______ already ______. (leave)
-
She ______ for two hours when her friend finally arrived. (wait)
-
If he works hard, he ______ the examination. (pass)
-
The students ______ quietly when the principal entered the class. (sit)
-
By next month, they ______ their project. (complete)
-
He usually ______ his work before dinner. (finish)
-
While I ______ home, it suddenly started to rain. (walk)
-
We ______ this lesson several times before the test began. (revise)
-
She ______ the piano since childhood. (learn)
-
Tomorrow at this time, I ______ to Delhi. (travel)
-
Unless you study seriously, you ______ good marks. (not get)
-
The baby ______ when the doctor arrived. (sleep)
-
They ______ the room before the guests came. (decorate)
-
By the end of this year, she ______ here for ten years. (work)
-
Look! The boys ______ over the wall. (climb)
-
If I had seen him, I ______ him the truth. (tell)
-
We ______ dinner when the lights went out. (have)
-
The sun ______ in the east. (rise)
-
Before the rain started, the farmers ______ the crops. (harvest)
-
He ______ for the bus for half an hour before it arrived. (wait)
-
By next week, I ______ the novel. (finish)
-
When she entered, we ______ about her. (talk)
-
He ______ in this school since 2018. (teach)
-
The teacher said that the earth ______ round the sun. (move)
-
She ______ the letter before her father returned. (write)
-
At 8 p.m. tomorrow, they ______ cricket. (play)
-
The students ______ their homework already. (submit)
-
I ______ him since childhood. (know)
-
When I was young, I ______ very fast. (run)
-
By the time you come back, we ______ dinner. (finish)
-
The birds ______ when the storm began. (sing)
-
He ______ his keys and could not enter the room. (lose)
-
We ______ for the examination since morning. (prepare)
-
If she invited me, I ______ her party. (attend)
-
By 2030, scientists ______ many discoveries. (make)
-
The children ______ in the field every evening. (play)
-
She ______ the answer before the teacher asked. (know)
-
I ______ the book when my friend called me. (read)
-
They ______ here by next Friday. (arrive)
-
The river ______ swiftly after the rain. (flow)
-
By the time he woke up, everyone ______. (leave)
-
We ______ this place before, so we knew the road. (visit)
-
The students ______ for three hours before the bell rang. (write)
-
He ______ to school every day without fail. (go)
-
This time tomorrow, she ______ on the stage. (perform)
-
They ______ all the food before we arrived. (eat)
-
I ______ to finish the work tonight. (try)
-
She ______ in the garden when I saw her. (work)
-
If they had hurried, they ______ the train. (catch)
-
By next year, we ______ in this house for twenty years. (live)
Mixed Present & Past Tense Exercise
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verbs given in brackets.
-
While I ______ to school, I met my friend. (go)
-
She usually ______ milk before going to bed. (drink)
-
The boys ______ football now. (play)
-
We ______ the movie already. (watch)
-
Father ______ the newspaper when I entered the room. (read)
-
They ______ in this village for many years. (live)
-
The teacher ______ the lesson yesterday. (explain)
-
I ______ my homework at present. (do)
-
The train ______ before we reached the station. (leave)
-
My sister ______ beautifully. (sing)
-
The baby ______ since morning. (cry)
-
We ______ cricket every Sunday. (play)
-
She ______ TV when the lights went out. (watch)
-
I ______ him before. (meet)
-
The students ______ for the examination since 6 a.m. (prepare)
-
Mother ______ tea in the kitchen now. (make)
-
They ______ the room before the guests arrived. (clean)
-
He ______ to school every day. (walk)
-
I ______ a letter yesterday evening. (write)
-
The girls ______ dance practice at present. (do)
-
We ______ our lunch already. (eat)
-
The birds ______ in the sky when it started raining. (fly)
-
Rahul ______ hard for the test these days. (study)
-
She ______ her work before sunset yesterday. (finish)
-
Father ______ in the garden now. (work)
-
The earth ______ round the sun. (move)
-
They ______ for two hours before the teacher came. (wait)
-
I ______ this book for a week. (read)
-
The children ______ in the field yesterday afternoon. (play)
-
She ______ her homework already. (complete)
-
We ______ to music now. (listen)
-
He ______ his keys last night. (lose)
-
The teacher ______ English in our class every day. (teach)
-
I ______ when my friend called me. (sleep)
-
The boys ______ since morning. (practice)
-
Mother ______ food when the guests arrived. (cook)
-
They ______ this lesson before. (learn)
-
The baby ______ now. (sleep)
-
We ______ the classroom yesterday. (decorate)
-
She ______ in this school since 2020. (teach)
S. Hard Mixed Tense Exercise (All )
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verbs given in brackets.
-
By the time the police arrived, the thief ______ already ______. (escape)
-
If she had informed me earlier, I ______ her at the station. (receive)
-
The students ______ for nearly three hours before the teacher allowed them to leave. (write)
-
At this time tomorrow, we ______ through the hills of Meghalaya. (travel)
-
Hardly ______ the bell ______ when the students rushed out of the classroom. (ring)
-
She ______ the same book for a month, yet she has not finished it. (read)
-
If you ______ harder, you would have secured better marks. (study)
-
The earth ______ round the sun, though many ancient people did not believe it. (move)
-
By next December, my brother ______ in this company for fifteen years. (work)
-
While the boys ______ cricket, it suddenly began to rain heavily. (play)
-
No sooner ______ we ______ the station than the train started moving. (reach)
-
He ______ the truth before anyone else could speak. (realize)
-
When I entered the room, they ______ about the secret plan. (discuss)
-
By the end of the programme, the audience ______ continuously for several minutes. (clap)
-
If I were you, I ______ such a risky decision. (not take)
-
The patient ______ better since he started taking the medicines regularly. (feel)
-
We ______ dinner when a loud noise disturbed us. (have)
-
By the time she wakes up tomorrow, her parents ______ for Delhi. (leave)
-
He acts as if he ______ everything. (know)
-
The old man ______ under the tree for hours before somebody noticed him. (sit)
-
Had they listened to the warning, they ______ such a huge loss. (not suffer)
-
I ______ this question several times, but nobody has answered it clearly. (ask)
-
The players ______ on the field since morning before the match was postponed. (practice)
-
She usually ______ before sunrise, but today she is still sleeping. (wake up)
-
The meeting ______ before we finally reached the office. (begin)
-
If the rain ______ tomorrow, the match will be cancelled. (continue)
-
The scientist claimed that he ______ a new discovery. (make)
-
By next week, we ______ this chapter completely. (revise)
-
While mother ______ food, father was repairing the bicycle. (cook)
-
He ______ his wallet somewhere and now he cannot find it. (keep)
-
Never before ______ I ______ such a beautiful sight. (see)
-
They ______ in the playground when the principal suddenly appeared. (shout)
-
Unless you ______ the truth now, nobody will trust you later. (tell)
-
The workers ______ the bridge for the last two years. (construct)
-
Before the doctor arrived, the patient ______ unconscious for nearly an hour. (remain)
-
By this time next year, she ______ her graduation. (complete)
-
The children ______ all the sweets before the guests arrived. (eat)
-
If he had taken my advice, he ______ in trouble now. (not be)
-
We ______ for the bus for over an hour when it finally came. (wait)
-
The teacher said that honesty ______ the best policy. (be)
-
Since morning, the sky ______ cloudy and gloomy. (look)
-
He pretended as though he ______ me before. (not meet)
-
By the time the show ended, many people ______ the hall. (leave)
-
The river ______ rapidly after the heavy rainfall yesterday. (flow)
-
I wish I ______ the answer during the examination yesterday. (know)
-
She ______ her homework now because she ______ television earlier. (do, watch)
-
Scarcely ______ the guests ______ when the lights went out. (arrive)
-
They ______ to the same place every winter for the past ten years. (travel)
-
If the teacher had not explained the topic again, we ______ it properly. (not understand)
-
By tomorrow evening, I ______ this entire assignment. (finish)
By the time the police arrived, the thief ______ already ______. (escape)
If she had informed me earlier, I ______ her at the station. (receive)
The students ______ for nearly three hours before the teacher allowed them to leave. (write)
At this time tomorrow, we ______ through the hills of Meghalaya. (travel)
Hardly ______ the bell ______ when the students rushed out of the classroom. (ring)
She ______ the same book for a month, yet she has not finished it. (read)
If you ______ harder, you would have secured better marks. (study)
The earth ______ round the sun, though many ancient people did not believe it. (move)
By next December, my brother ______ in this company for fifteen years. (work)
While the boys ______ cricket, it suddenly began to rain heavily. (play)
No sooner ______ we ______ the station than the train started moving. (reach)
He ______ the truth before anyone else could speak. (realize)
When I entered the room, they ______ about the secret plan. (discuss)
By the end of the programme, the audience ______ continuously for several minutes. (clap)
If I were you, I ______ such a risky decision. (not take)
The patient ______ better since he started taking the medicines regularly. (feel)
We ______ dinner when a loud noise disturbed us. (have)
By the time she wakes up tomorrow, her parents ______ for Delhi. (leave)
He acts as if he ______ everything. (know)
The old man ______ under the tree for hours before somebody noticed him. (sit)
Had they listened to the warning, they ______ such a huge loss. (not suffer)
I ______ this question several times, but nobody has answered it clearly. (ask)
The players ______ on the field since morning before the match was postponed. (practice)
She usually ______ before sunrise, but today she is still sleeping. (wake up)
The meeting ______ before we finally reached the office. (begin)
If the rain ______ tomorrow, the match will be cancelled. (continue)
The scientist claimed that he ______ a new discovery. (make)
By next week, we ______ this chapter completely. (revise)
While mother ______ food, father was repairing the bicycle. (cook)
He ______ his wallet somewhere and now he cannot find it. (keep)
Never before ______ I ______ such a beautiful sight. (see)
They ______ in the playground when the principal suddenly appeared. (shout)
Unless you ______ the truth now, nobody will trust you later. (tell)
The workers ______ the bridge for the last two years. (construct)
Before the doctor arrived, the patient ______ unconscious for nearly an hour. (remain)
By this time next year, she ______ her graduation. (complete)
The children ______ all the sweets before the guests arrived. (eat)
If he had taken my advice, he ______ in trouble now. (not be)
We ______ for the bus for over an hour when it finally came. (wait)
The teacher said that honesty ______ the best policy. (be)
Since morning, the sky ______ cloudy and gloomy. (look)
He pretended as though he ______ me before. (not meet)
By the time the show ended, many people ______ the hall. (leave)
The river ______ rapidly after the heavy rainfall yesterday. (flow)
I wish I ______ the answer during the examination yesterday. (know)
She ______ her homework now because she ______ television earlier. (do, watch)
Scarcely ______ the guests ______ when the lights went out. (arrive)
They ______ to the same place every winter for the past ten years. (travel)
If the teacher had not explained the topic again, we ______ it properly. (not understand)
By tomorrow evening, I ______ this entire assignment. (finish)
Comments
Post a Comment